We’ve made it to the end of 2018!
Yay! (insert balloons, confetti, and those big, goofy glasses everyone usually wears)
2018 was such a blessed year for me personally and for the blog. Huge milestones were reached.
- I launched the blog in February.
- I traveled A LOT.
- I reconnected on a deeper level with family and friends.
- I took more responsibility for my health.
- I found an amazing church home here in Nashville, TN (one that I prayed for that would provide me with a loving Godly community and help me develop into the leader I know I can be).
- I was a guest on a podcast entitled “The Writer’s Garden” where I transparently shared some of my faith journey in dealing with reoccurring uterine fibroids (Click HERE for Apple Podcast Link) (Click HERE for Spotify Link)
- And……………………… I turned 30!
All of these things have brought me so much joy but what has brought me the greatest joy of all was the growth in my relationship with God and my walk with Jesus Christ.
I know many people like to start their year off with an actual word— something that fuels and inspires them.
In contrast, I like to end my year with a word— a word that describes my year clearly and gives me points of reflection so that I can see the bigger picture of who I am becoming.
After praying for a word, God actually gave me two words this year. God surprised me yet again! lol. The two words are INTIMACY & OBEDIENCE.
Initially, I was confused by getting both words. But now I understand how intricately related the two words are and how it’s difficult to have one without the other.
Without intimacy with God, I don’t hear His clear instructions for obedience. Vice versa, the more obedience I have to God, the deeper our intimacy becomes.
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” -John 10:27-28
So a huge thanks to everyone having the open eyes, ears, and heart to explore LIFTED WOMAN Christian Blog in 2018. You read more than 25 blog posts this year (and many of you liked, commented, and shared with friends)! How amazing is that?!
Ultimately, as readers (and future listeners, HINT, HINT lol) you continue to help me become more INTIMATE with the Lord and more OBEDIENT to my calling. Cheers to you!
God bless! May your eyes, your head, and your spirit always be LIFTED!
Be sure to follow Lifted Woman Christian Blog on Social Media so you never miss any news and updates about posts:
Can’t wait to connect with you!