In 2004, a popular bestseller book entitled He’s Just Not That into You: The No Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys was released. The book’s main idea was basically this: If a man is actually interested in you (THAT into you), his actions will reflect that. If he doesn’t, guess what?…….. He’s just not that into you.
Seems pretty straightforward, huh? Yes and no. It’s no surprise that sometimes we need simple logic reviewed for us. Occasionally we forget or think irrationally. Hey, we’re human. We need logic to help bring us back to reality so that we can truly see what’s what. Kinda like those math problems back in high school. If x= this, then y= that.
(Wait…….Did I just make math reference?? YIKES!)
Anyways, the point is sometimes the answer to our questions is literally right in front of us. Many times we forget just how much God is into us— how much He loves and adores us! We are his children. He knows even the hairs on our head, says the Bible in Luke 12:7. Even with over 7 billion people on the earth, He still knows us by name (John 10:3, 14). That’s love ya’ll!
No, we can’t physically see or touch God. However, His actions definitely let us know how into us He really is. Let’s take a look at 12 Things God Does to Show He’s Just That Into Us on a regular basis.
- He forgives us of our sins EVERY time. No matter what we have done, if we come to Him with a humble heart and ask for His forgiveness, He will cast that sin as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12)
Read related post: “Give to Me Your Leather”
- He is patient with us. “But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate; slow to anger and abounding in love.” (Nehemiah 9:17)
- He makes provisions. He is the ultimate provider. We never have to worry about if we will have what we need. He will provide. “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus”, says Philppians 4:19. Food, shelter, clothing……All of our basic needs are met because of God and by God. Matthew 6:25-34.
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- He is faithful and consistent. God is a promise fulfiller. Whatever He said He will do, it will be done. Lamentations 2:17 states “The Lord has done what he planned; he has fulfilled his word, which he decreed long ago”. In addition, the book of Joshua reminds us that all of the Lord’s good promises to Israel were fulfilled. (Joshua 21:45)
- He protects us. He is literally our refuge; our shield. Psalm 46:1 calls Him an ever-present help. The Lord truly is our light and salvation. We should never be afraid.
- He strengthens us. Isaiah 40:29-31 reminds us of just how God strengthens us. When we are weak, He is strong. Matter of fact, His perfect power is evident in our weakest moments. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
- He creates plans that are beyond our wildest dreams. What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him (1 Corinthians 2:9).
Read related post on “Plot Twist: Trusting God to Write Your Best Story
- He loves us unconditionally. Nothing we do can make God stop loving us. Psalm 136:2 reminds us that God’s love endures forever. In Psalm 52:8, David proclaims that God’s love is unfailing. Literally, nothing can separate His love from us.
- He always listens to us. Prayer gives us a direct communication line to talk to God about any and everything that is on our hearts and minds. Psalm 34:15 reminds us that “The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry”. He really does hear our voice as Psalm 66:19 states.
“…..but God has surely listened and has heard my prayer”
- He comforts us when we mourn. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)
- He heals us when we are sick. The Lord sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness (Psalm 41:3). He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (Psalm 147:3)
- He thinks we are to die for (literally). That’s why He his only begotten son Jesus to die for the remission of our sins. (John 3:16). I don’t know about you all but this fact literally makes me cry. There has never been and never will be a more significant act of love than to give your life for someone— and it was done for each of us.
Whew! Look at God!
Can’t you see how He loves you so? Can’t you see how He is just that into you? Oh how into you, He really is.
Now I challenge you to re-read the list above. But this time, read the list as if we were reading about an actual person ( a potential partner or a family member, perhaps). What would you think of a man or woman who did all of these things and more? Wouldn’t you think they were JUST THAT INTO YOU? I know I would.
Want more Christian-focused encouragement and discussion?
Be sure to follow Lifted Woman Christian Blog via Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter:
Can’t wait to connect with you!