Part 3 is finally here! Yay!
Ending this month’s blog series is bittersweet because I’ve loved the discussion surrounding this topic of considering to move, preparing to move, and adjusting after a move– all within a Christian context!
To conclude the “Blessed in the City” series, I want to highlight some amazing reflections of CHRISTIANS ON THE MOVE! Below you will find great advice and remarks from Christians who have moved from one place to another– all while allowing God to guide their footsteps.
Here’s a list of questions that these CHRISTIANS ON THE MOVE were asked:
- Tell us a little about yourself. How many times have you “moved” as an adult? Where have you moved to and from?
- What are some reasons why you’ve moved?
- Did you have any hesitations about either of your moves? Why or why not?
- How would you describe your faith?
- What role has your faith played in your decision to move/relocate?
- Did you spiritually prepare for your move? If so, how?
- Was adjusting to a new city as a Christian easy, hard, or neither? Explain.
- What is essential spiritually before, during, and after a move?
- Any advice or recommendations for Christians who are considering relocation or who have just recently relocated?
- Is there anything that you regret about any of your moves? If yes, what?
Click through the slideshow of each person’s profile to read reflections of CHRISTIANS ON THE MOVE!
Reasons for moving: Work and adventure
Cities lived in: Milwaukee, WI > Dallas, TX
Reasons for moving: Work, adventure, & distance to and from loved ones (lol)
Cities lived in: Birmingham, AL,> LaFayette, LA > New York City> Nashville TN
Reasons for moving: School, work, & adventure
Cities lived in: Montgomery, AL> Terrell, TX > Memphis, TN > Tulsa, OK (with internships in Kansas, North Carolina, Georgia)
Reasons for moving: School, love, & work
Cities lived in: Tuscumbia, AL> Huntsville, AL >Chicago, IL> South Florida
Reasons for moving: Education, work, convenience (commute distances, housing expenses, etc)
Cities lived in: Aurora, IL> Birmingham, AL >Enterprise, AL> Boulder, CO
Wow! What wonderful reflections these Christians on the Move were able to share with us. I felt so inspired and encouraged while interviewing them. I pray that you’ve enjoyed the entire “Blessed in the City” blog series this month and found it helpful if you have been OR are considering being a CHRISTIAN ON THE MOVE.
I also pray you always remember that God is with you no matter where you go. As discussed in Part 1, God goes before us and with us to new places 🙂
I’ll leave you with these Deuteronomy 28 verses:
“Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field. Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock. Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.” Deuteronomy 28: 3-6
Want more Christian encouragement? Be sure to follow Lifted Woman Christian Blog via Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter:
Can’t wait to connect with you!